Saturday, April 23, 2011

r.i.p. lcd?


I'm sad that LCD Soundsystem is kinda leaving us. Last years This Is Happening is allegedly their last album, their Valentines day appearance on the Colbert Report was their last television performance and they played their "last show ever" early this month (and got screwed by scalpers).

I spent the past few days listening to LCD Soundsystem non-stop and re-watching James Murphy interviews. Thought I would share some highlights and LCD odds-n-ends as an ode to the past 10 years.


But first the obvious question: what will James do next?


Oh.. :) Did you hear that? He will actually be "making some more LCD Soundsystem stuff, just not [as] professional rock band". Nice! As he says in The Fresh Air Interview: "That doesn't mean LCD will stop. It just means I'll go back to the beginning: releasing a track here and there or being more fluid about my decision-making rather than albums, videos, singles, tour. Rather than this professional arch of being in a band, I'd like to go back to being a person who decides what he likes to do and pursues something new once in a while."

Personally I'm looking forward to some more DFA remixes, culminating in a Chapter 3 release perhaps. And I'm glad he's gonna get back into dj'ing (and making special disco edits to play) - he already has a bunch of festival DJ gigs booked.








M ss ng P eces Interview (from 2006)

m ss ng Murphy from m ss ng p eces on Vimeo.

















Thats Cool, But Can You Make It More Shit? with aesthetic interview



Live Alone (Franz Ferdinan cover)
LCD Soundsystem - Live Alone (Franz Ferdinand cover) by DominoRecordCo




....and possibly my favourite LCD track.


(check the live version from the last show here)

No comments:

Post a Comment