Monday, May 9, 2011

love: side b


This will be the first installment of a pilot mini-series acknowledging the two sides of love. It was semi-initiated back in February as an outlet for my anti-valentines day sentiments. Respectful of the 'magic' of the day I attempted to channel those frustrations into a tasteful critique of the whole institution of love to see if I could get anywhere. Electing the evolutionary stance I found plenty of ammunition, but after chatting with a good friend there was still a gap to be found between an explanation of it's prehistoric existence and the subjective pleasure it brings: grinding the former down its bare bones seems to do nothing to belittle the latter (and this is not even to mention the interpretive problems inherent in an evolutionary critique of this nature). As a result of the explanatory gap, my inability to justify spending days/weeks working on the gap, deep interpretive issues, my desire to not come off as a bitter scrooge, and my respect for the near-global day of subjective 'magic', I decided not to air the piece. So a corresponding playlist of anti-love songs sat dormant until I heard some pro-love songs and thought to run a pilot contrasting the two sides. So here we are, starting with side b, the dark side, my original beef, minus the stuffy controversial editorial. Happy Mothers Day!


Just A Bitter Love- The Dead Rose Music Company by TheDeadRoseMusicCompany

Gladys Knight & The Pips - Taste Of Bitter Love (scratchandsniff re-rub) by scratchandsniff
Here's a low quality live original




Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin' (AC Re-Edit) by Andrew Clarke Mediafire Download

Keep Forgetting (Alzheimers Stripped Dub) by TheDeadRoseMusicCompany





Aloe Blacc - Loving you is killing me (Mano le tough remix) by manoletough









Check out the nice International Feel edit


The Classic


The original

2 comments: